"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -Chinese philosopher Laozi

Monday, January 10, 2011

182.621009 days





182.621099 days = 6 months = 1/2 year = the amount of time I have "officially" lived in Hong Kong

In the past six months I've...

fallen in love with a city I once never even imagined myself visiting

learned how to cook (well soups and desserts..thanks to C)

learned how to differentiate the Aussie from the British accent

used Skype every single day and have been able to keep up with the lives of my friends and family back home

flown back to the USA 2 times to see my cousin and two of my best friends get married! (missed a few weddings that I would have loved to attend)

made some new life long friends

visited 3 new countries

eaten at a restaurant, gone to a club, and flown on a 16 hour flight...by myself!

learned to eat other Chinese dishes beside Shrimp dumplings and Peking Duck (although they are still my favorite)

made the biggest change in my life thus far...and couldn't be happier! (well I could if you were all here with me!)

7 comments:

  1. 135.493 days = amount of time since my birthday. Glad to see you have time to go to the clubs and eat at a restaurant by yourself, but no time to get J a bday present...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having me as a sister is a best gift you could ever receive! Also, aren't you staying at hotel MAN for a week this month?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great sense of humour(as does Jason)and a terrific attitude, enabling you to enjoy your adventures to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope my change will be as grand as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. im experiencing some changes as well. some bodily change. ohhhh snap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats great that you have experienced all these new and exciting things. There will be many more to come in your lifetime I'm sure. When I was your age, I never imagined that Steve's work would enable us to travel all over the world and stay at the best hotels. Most of all I never imagined how important Steve would become in the field of epilepsy and how he would help people with the disease in other countries, especially third world countries and yet remain so humble. I'm proud to be his wife and partner as I imagine you are with Dan by your side. He is cut from the same cloth-enjoy what's to follow. I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making life long memories, continue to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete